The Boyfriend App

The Boyfriend App - Katie Sise

This book was definitively a fun read. A bit over the top at times, but that's probably what made it so fun at the end.

The first half of the book was a bit slow, and there was quite a bit of technological talk about programming, computers and the like. While I didn't mind, some people might find it a drag to read all that. The second half is where things pick up. The 2.0 app comes out and things start getting crazy. The ending I thought was very appropriate and fitting :) My favorite scene was when Audrey was trying out version 2.0 at her school. Very reminiscent of Mean Girls, loved it :D

While this book is fun, especially the second half, it's not all about the craziness. We have Audrey still dealing with her father's death and the loss of a best friend and the bullying of said ex-best friend. And this is were it lost points for me. While I understood the confusion and miscommunication between them, it did not call for some, or should I say most, of the things that Blake does to both, Audrey and her mom. It was just plain cruel, specially coming from an ex-BFF, and what she did to her mom?! Who does that to an adult! It was all just really uncalled for.

Asides from Blake, I loved Audrey's cousin and her friends. They were a nice close knit group that supported each other. Specially liked Aidan, he was just so sweet and caring! Always looking out for Audrey. It was a nice change of pace from all the bad boy MCs out there.

In conclusion if you are looking for a fun read with some outrageous scenes then this is the book for you :)