Gravity (Taking 1)

Gravity - Melissa West I had high expectations for this one, probably cause I have been wanting to read it for a while now, and that cover is just so beautiful! Unfortunately it was just ok. The concept of the book is great. The Ancients who are trying to coexist cause their planet is dying out, so they help rebuild ours with the hopes of living here as well. The way they Ancients had to adapt to our atmosphere. The politics involved between all the regions and then the Ancients, how the world works now after having it reconstructed. You can tell she put some serious thought into it and I'm sure in the next books there will be some incredibly twists going on, but I don't know if I'll manage to get there. To me characters can either make it or break it, and in this case it was the latter. Even though I liked that Ari could kick-ass, I just couldn't really relate to her for some reason. Actually I couldn't relate to any of them. Gretchen was the only one semi ok. Lawrence was ugh, I didn't get him, he was like a background person most of the book till the end when he actually did something and even then it was just for like a couple of pages. Then there is Jackson, who I was willing to like at first, but then he would keep telling Ari to trust her and all he did was keep lying to her! I don't care if he actually cares for her, you do not keep asking for trust and not even try to return it, sorry. It just didn't do it for me.