The Forsaken (Forsaken - Trilogy)

The Forsaken - Lisa M. Stasse 2.5I was thinking of giving it 3 stars instead but I just couldn't make myself do it. The books wasn't bad, but there was nothing that made it stand out either, it all just fell so flat. You would think with the amount of people and fights that were going that it would be more exciting, but alas, it wasn't. I think the only 'excitement' was the last 30% but by then it was too little too late. I was just reading the dialogue so I could finish it and find out how it ended. Throughout the book I kept getting the impression that Alenna was somehow this bad ass chick who was going to save them all and what not, but she isn't a badass. Yeah, she does save Liam and they will eventually save the rest, but it was more like she just kept stumbling through the whole thing. Not once did I ever stop and say 'Man, this chick kiss ass!' and yet I just kept waiting for her to DO something, but it doesn't work out that way.The plot was all pretty straightforward, doesn't take a genius to figure out what was going on and who the Monk was. Nothing really stood out, nor did it make me ever wonder what the hell was going on. I think my only question is, what the hell happened to David? I think he was the only redeemable character there. And the so called romance was meh. It was just starting, and they only had a few conversations and they were already thinking they were in love with each other...It just didn't feel right. Needless to say I won't be reading the rest of this trilogy.