Sweet Peril

Sweet Peril - Wendy Higgins 3.5 StarsI'm gonna be the odd man woman out here and give it the 3 stars instead of 5. While I do love my romance, I expect a plot to go with it, and not a crappy plot either. In regards to the plot, this book suffered the middle book syndrome. There was development at the start and in the end. Which means 10% of this book actually dealt with the plot the other 90% was just dealing with the romance issues, not that it was badly done or anything, it was awesome, but still. I wanted my plot.This was kind of a letdown for me. The big selling point of Sweet Evil was the unique take on the whole demons and angels thing with the Dukes and their Neph kids and unfortunately besides the new development at the start of this book we get nothing really new afterwards. I had been expecting something more, in line with Sweet Evil, and when I finally did get it it was the end of the damn book. I was not a happy camper.On the other hand the romance here was scorching. I loved seeing them finally moving forward. And it wasn't just seeing Anna and Kaiden finally working out their problems it was the rest of the gang as well. We see the relationships of all of them. Ginger and Blake, Marna still hung up on Jay, and even Kope might be getting someone. I am so glad that Kope is getting his own partner, because I really didn't want him to suffer because of the love triangle.There were so many great Kaiden and Anna moments once they finally did get to see each other, but at the end of the day, it was just that, and I wanted more. I wanted my epic romance with awesome plot line as I had gotten with Sweet Evil and I just didn't get that here, not fully. This series is still a must read, and I can't wait to see the conclusion to this great trilogy.