Equal Parts (Supernova, #1)

Equal Parts (Supernova, #1) - Emma Winters 4.5 StarsThe only thing holding me back from giving this a full 5 stars was that lasssst page. Even though he said he wouldn't leave the life of a criminal altogether, they way it was said, it just didn't seem quite believable to me. Asides from that, I loved this book.The MC is a strange mix of self pity, self deprecation, innocence, strength and intelligence. With those first 2 qualities you would think I'd be hating the MC, but it was all very well balanced out, plus the girl is numb like all the time, happiness is no longer her thing, and you realize later on what the skeletons in her closet were. I really liked how she was always on her toes, and she would end up in situations knowing that it was by her own doing and she knew she could get out of it she just didn't actually want to. What really made this book for me were the romance and Achilles. The man is so complex. He can be talking about murder at the start of a sentence and end with a declaration of love and he would make it work! I loved how he was a 'villain', sweet, romantic, and gave tough love when she needed it. The way their romance develops was bittersweet. Mostly cause I was right along with her thinking we were crazy for liking this guy when he was this psychopathic murderer, but it was just impossible not to. The whole super-villain and superhero thing was very subdue and it worked well with the way this book was written. This is primarily a romance with the superhero stuff thrown in. Their world isn't explained very much, but honestly I didn't give a crap, I was much more interested in Achilles and Felicity to care about that xDI recommend this to all romance loves out there, you won't want to miss out on the complexity of a bad-boy that is Achilles!