Phoebe Pope and the Year of Four

Phoebe Pope and the Year of Four - Nya Jade Let me start off by saying shapeshifter books aren't my thing. I don't mind if they are a secondary character but as the main focus it's just not for me. What drew me in to this one was the whole idea of the spy school under the normal school. At first I was a bit confused with the whole shapeshifter concept since Phoebe kept mentioning her hearts and I kept thinking it was a typo till it was explained xDI liked how the story flowed and I liked all characters. I was a bit frustrated with Phoebe, I really wanted her to use her powers more. She came out to be kind of helpless when she shouldn't be. I understand why she couldn't use it as much but still. I wish the story was centered more on the plot instead of the romance not that the romance was bad, it was actually really nicely done, but still, that's just my preference. I was pleasantly surprised at the end, I did not even suspect that person as being the traitor, it came totally out of left field for me. I kept trying to keep with the plot thinking I had mostly everything figured out, it turns out, I didn't xD This was a nice, entertaining read, which a new twist to shapeshifters. Good start to the series :)