Breathing Fire (Heretic Daughters #1)

Breathing Fire (Heretic Daughters #1) - Rebecca K. Lilley Picked this one up expecting a nice urban fantasy with druids and witches and the like. I was however NOT expecting a book about dragon shifters and how much they kickass. Although I probably should have, I mean the title is BREATHING FIRE, right? Should have told me something right there. I loved every single aspect of this book except for the romance/sex. The characters great. The relationship between Jillian and Christian is hilarious and heartwarming. Caleb's character reminded me of Edward from the Anita Blake series, which I totally loved, and on top of being in love with all things weapon and being a sociopath, he is also a mimic, bad-ass! Actually all the characters were bad-asses. Lynn with her following of emo/punk kids was just as great and she could kick ass when she had to.As I said my only problem with the book was the romance and the romantic interest, he was a bit too he-man and alpha male for my liking and they couldn't keep their clothes on for any period of time whenever they were in the same room. It was tolerable enough that it didn't retract too much from the whole.This book will keep you on your toes, whether it be from the gritty, action, to the laughs, to the heart wrenching sadness, you won't be able to stop reading. I recommend this one to anyone who is looking for a real kick-ass dragon shifter with a penchant for a blood-thirsty axe (literally)!