Born: The Born Trilogy

Born - Tara Brown This book has a lot of things going for it, like the characters, the premise, the action, and just the awesomeness of Emma. The downside: the romance...Emma is an incredibly strong character, she does what needs to be done, she survives at all costs, she is fierce and she is loyal, but unfortunately when it comes to relationships, it just isn't gonna happen. She has been alone for the majority of her life so it stands to reason that the girl is a bit of an antisocial, which is fine, my problems were her love interests. I can see why she would like both of them, but my god, she came about the loving part wayyy too fast, and she was going back and forth like with her decisions like every 5mins and Will is such an ASS! I really didn't like him. He is overbearing, always manhandling her and a player. And Jack was the complete opposite to the point of being useless. The kid was just there to lighten the mood basically. So even though I really don't like Will I also knew that there was no way in hell she was picking Jack either.Besides all that, Emma totally kicks ass, she is damn independent and can think for herself and follows her instincts. I think my favorite character would have to be Leo though. He is just awesome!The reason behind the messed up world is something I can actually see happening and I can't wait to see how this will develop.