Stitch (Stitch Trilogy, Book 1)

Stitch  - Samantha Durante Book started out really well, had me totally hooked from the start. Love me a good ghost story, but this definitely wasn't it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, this is first a foremost a dystopian book, which I usually enjoy but there was big glaring whole that I just couldn't get past. I don't want to ruin anything for anyone so major spoilers ahead, don't read them if you are planning on reading this! I understand that they get some kind of serum that makes a new neural pathway in their brain and there fore different memories, but how the hell did they get those SPECIFIC memories?! I mean, how do they keep changing them to that specific drama plot that they are trying to film? I just don't see how that works out. And the plague, didn't ANYONE notice how it was only 'affecting' adults? or at least the adults seemed way more predisposed towards it. If this was a plague that killed that many people and basically destroyed their world more or less, I am pretty sure I would try to find out the most I can about it, but the plague was only mentioned in passing, like it didn't matter at all, and yet that's what started it all...And seriously how the hell could the Ruling Class not notice ANYTHING?! They aren't the ones drugged right? So they don't have that as an excuse and they are the Ruling Class BECAUSE they are supposed to be smart enough to come up with a new way to live. So what gives? It was a well written book and props for the new take on starting out a dystopian at least the whole TV drama thing and the way it all develops, but it just wasn't the book for me.