Big Bad Bite (Volume 1)

Big Bad Bite - Jessie Lane 2.5 StarsThis was disappointing in so many levels...I had been so excited, thought this book was going to be different from the rest of the shifter books out there and I would actually like it. Sadly that wasn't completely the case. This book had a very strong start. It was awesome, I loved the MC her smart ass remarks, and how she could kick ass and chew bubble gum...at the same time. Don't get me wrong, she didn't change that much in that aspect, my problem was in the romance and the romantic interest.This is were shifter books always fail for me, and I'm sad to say that this was no different. In someways I would have to say it was actually kind of worse. The romantic interest Adam was just way too perfect for her. I understand they are supposed to be mates but it was just a bit nauseating once they got all lovey-dovey with each other. I'm supposed to swooning and sighing over their romance, but instead I was skipping over it cause honestly I'd be making the gagging sounds in the background at those parts.The speed in which it happened was astounding, and not only that, but the MC, Jenna, which I had come to admire for her independence, would be reduced to a puddle of goo at his mere smell! SMELL. I don't care if they are wolves, I get the whole pheromones crap, but it's just the whole 180 turn that Jenna made that was pathetic. Moving on from the romance, I'll give the author props for the interesting take on how the different supernatural species come about and their interactions between each other. The plot hadn't become a problem till the end when I realized that the plot ended up being third in line to the romance and sexing that was going on throughout the book. At the start of the book there is a ransom situation and the perps were shifters from another pack. This was the conflict of the whole book. Finding out what the hell was going on and why they were intruding into their territory, so on and so forth. All good so far. My problem comes in when all they do is go to some club follow some chicks they already knew had the info, save her and get her to spill. That was it. That was the whole shebang. We have to get to the epilogue to even know what the chick said, and you know what? We found out NOTHING NEW. There was absolutely no new information as to what was going on. The only thing resolved was the romance between Jenna and Adam which I didn't care about by then.To say the least, I was not a happy camper. This book had such a strong promise and an awesome MC but there was no substance to it and that just killed it for me.